Are you focusing on wellness goals right now? Then you are going to love this chocolate chia pudding recipe, if you’re trying to kick start some healthy habits and are missing chocolate.
This is a case of having your chocolate pudding and eating it, too!
For this yummy chocolate chia pudding recipe, I used a variation of my vanilla chia seed pudding recipe except I swapped out the vanilla for cacao powder. Mmmm, chocolate. It’s my favourite of the chia seeds recipes!
Chia seeds and cacao powder are a superfood dynamic duo!
Benefits of Chia Seeds & Cacao Powder
Chai seeds have many benefits. They are loaded with:
- Omega fats
- Dietary fibre.
They also absorb liquid and help to keep you feeling full.
And cacao powder is a healthy alternative to chocolate that just happens to be full of magnesium and iron and even fibre. Cacao powder is a fantastic substitute for all your favourite chocolate recipes.
Try these other cacao recipes I’ve made, they’re so very good:
Overnight Chia pudding is so easy to make for a healthy on-the-go breakfast. Mix it up quick before bed and eat it for breakfast. I love adding layers of fruit and taking it with me to work for a late afternoon snack.
Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups of unsweetened almond milk (water is fine, too)
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 3-5 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup (sweeten to your preference)
1. You can blend everything in a blender or whisk by hand. Fair warning…if you whisk by hand there will be a few minutes where you’re going to think that the cacao powder won’t mix in and just as you start to despair, the chocolate pudding will be ready!
2. Taste for sweetness and add a bit more honey or maple syrup as needed.
3. Pour into a large dish if planning to serve to your family for dessert OR scoop into your favourite reusable containers. I love using Weck Jars for this and making layers of chia pudding and fruit.
4. Leave the pudding in the fridge for several hours or overnight to allow it to thicken up.
Happy, healthy eating!