Each school year, children and teaching staff spend hours each day indoors. Share these ten tweetable tips with your twitter followers to spread the word about simple ways to detoxify the classroom learning environment.
1. Declare your classroom a scent-free zone: no VOC producing perfumes or plug-in fragrances. <<Tweet this>>
2. Ask students to bring indoor shoes to keep outdoor toxins off the classroom carpet. <<Tweet this>>
3. Foam mats may contain toxic ingredients. Swap them for natural rubber yoga mats. <<Tweet this>>
4. Open windows daily to bring fresh air into the classroom. <<Tweet this>>
5. Ask questions before accepting second-hand toys. They make contain toxins like PVC or flame retardants. <<Tweet this>>
6.Keep Triclosan out of the classroom. Read product labels to avoid this toxic ingredient. <<Tweet this>>
7. Dust some odour-absorbing baking soda onto your classroom carpet before it gets vacuumed. <<Tweet this>>
8. Start a conversation with school staff about choosing nontoxic supplies. <<Tweet this>>
9. Choose dust-free sand and chalk for safer breathing. <<Tweet this>>
10. Improve the classroom air quality with NASA approved plants via @DavidSuzukiQofG. <<Tweet this>>
By the way, these tips are good practice for any indoor environment. Implement them at home or your workplace.
Latest posts by Sara Vartanian (see all)
- Cloth Diapers Vs Diaper Service: Simple Ways To Make Your Choice! - April 22, 2014
- Disposable vs. Eco-Disposable Diapers: Which Style Is Best For Your Lifestyle? - March 24, 2014
- 5 Eco-Friendly Breastfeeding Products For Mom And Baby - March 10, 2014