After a full day with my boys outdoors, I find myself exhausted, a bit sore, and ready to go to bed early.
Sometimes, I wonder why but I only have to look through the photos on my phone to see evidence of a day well-played. Our days include exploring the nature that surrounds us, playing everything from baseball to bubbles, with several doses of swimming in the lake in between.
Here’s how to recover naturally after an active day:
- Drink plenty of water to rehydrate all you lost through sweating. These infused water recipes help motivate my kids and I, to drink more.
- Get some protein in you! Blend up a green smoothie using coconut water for a natural electrolyte, toss in some healthy fats, and add a scoop of your favourite plant-based protein powder. Sip slowly while putting your feet up.
- Found some bruises? Are your muscles or joints swollen or stiff? Rub Boiron’s Arnicare Cream or Arnicare Gel on them. Arnicare is made from the plant, Arnica-long known for its healing properties. It supports resorption of bruises and inflammatory edema that occurs from being active.
- Practice good sleep health. After a full day of fun and movement, sleep gives your body the time it needs to heal itself overnight. As much as I’m tempted to stay up for some adult time after a busy day with the kids, I usually crawl into bed a bit earlier than usual and my body appreciates it the next day.
Join the #BoironSummer Twitter Party
Hosted by @BoironCanada and myself, @GreenMomsCo, we’ll be talking about all the ways we can get active with our families this summer plus how we can naturally recover from all that activity too! @ActionEvans and @HENfamily are also joining u There are 3 amazing prizes available*
Grand prize: Active Living essentials by Jules’ Basket, valued over $150 that includes goodies that help living actively easier like Boiron Arnicare Cream, Boiron Arnicare Tablets, Love Fresh Natural Deodorant: Eucalyptus & Spearmint (my favourite), Ella’s Botanicals Muscle Rescue Balm, Anti-Inflammatory Lemon Lily Loose Leaf Tea, and much more! Go see for yourself!
2 more prizes: Boiron Essentials Medicines, each valued over $80
– Cocculine, Dapis, Arnicare Gel, Arnicare tablets, Cicadermine and Oscillococcinum 12 doses
*Anyone can join the party but only Canadian residents, excluding Quebec are eliglible to win.
RSVP to win a #BoironSummer prize
RSVP with your twitter handle for a chance to win below, and we’ll see you Tuesday, July 19th![inlinkz_linkup id=647439 mode=0]
Living Well In Motherhood
Green Moms Collective is passionate about living well in motherhood. With a little help from mothers who get it and wellness experts. Get us weekly.