I know this is a subject that nobody wants to talk about but based on the number of people that I know that are sick with colds and flu bugs right, I felt impelled to discuss the use of essential oils when it comes to sickness.
Cold And Flu Essential Oil Blend
Combine these essential oils together in a small bottle.
- 40 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 30 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 20 drops rosemary essential oil
Do not use this cold and flu essential oil blend reciple by itself, but rather use it in the following three ways to help ward off illness.
Epsom Salt Bath
Add 12 drops of the blend to 1 full cup of Epsom salts. Add these salts to a hot bath and soak in the bath for at least 20 minutes.
You can also add 10 drops of the cold and flu essential oil blend to a teaspoon of any carrier oil (avocado, sunflower etc). You can rub this on your throat and upper chest.
You can also keep this blend at your bedside to smell when you need some relief or add a couple of drops to a tissue and put it by your pillow.
Eventually the flowers will be blooming again and there will be fewer colds and flu, but in the meantime, stay healthy and use this essential oil recipe!
More ways to use essential oils in your life
Here are a few of my favourite ways to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy:
- Try using essential oils to help you sleep better by include the five tips in the article as part of your sleep routine.
- My favourite essential oil blends for winter months including a recipe to warm your feet.
- A recipe for a chest rub using essential oils, caution you need a double boiler!
- Essential oils to boost your libido? Yes, yes, YES!
If you’ve never used essential oils but are keen than start with my Do’s and Don’ts article based on my experience as a certified aromatherapist.
What is your favourite way to use essential oils? I’d love to hear!
Living Well In Motherhood
Green Moms Collective is passionate about living well in motherhood. With a little help from mothers who get it and wellness experts. Get us weekly.