- It's part of the cruciferous family, which our wellness experts are often reminding us to eat for their liver detoxifying ability which can boost our breast health .
- Broccoli are good sources of fibre, vitamins, and the compound IC3 which can help deal with excess estrogen.
- It's crunchy and hearty.
- Broccoli is not on the Dirty Dozen list!
Healthy Broccoli Salad With Raisins Recipe
Broccoli salad ingredients:
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts (optional). Pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds are a great substitution, too.
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions to make the healthy broccoli salad:
- Combine the greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey and salt and pepper. Adjust to the dressing to taste and set aside.
- Chop the broccoli and apple into bite-sized pieces. In my opinion, the apples are what make this the best broccoli salad ever. They bring just a hint of sweetness.
- Toss with the raisins and pecans and then add 2-3 tablespoons of the dressing. Add more dressing as desired.